- CRI does not discriminate based on race, sex, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
- All applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the program begins.
- A complete application is required.
- Applicants must be able to stand and physically perform massage for several hours in a day.
- Applicants must be US citizens.
- Applicants must not have a criminal record.
Enrollment is done a continual basis. Classes are limited to 8 students so early application is strongly encouraged to ensure a space in the upcoming class. If the class is full at the time the application is accepted, the applicant will be placed on the waitlist of the upcoming class or will be assured in space in the following class. Classes begin every March and September. Applications are accepted at any time.
- Read The CRI Manifesto.
- Fill out online application. It is a long form application that will take 30 minutes-two hours depending on length of answers.
- Pay $100.00 application fee via check by mail or cash in person at CRI.
- Receive a minimum of three professional massages prior to enrollment. It is a requirement that all applicants understand what it is to receive a professional massage. Applicants will be asked to speak to their massage experience during the interview.
After all the required documentation is received, the applicant will be contacted to schedule an interview. The interview will preferably be in person but can be done by phone or via Skype if the applicant lives far away.
If accepted into the program, the applicant will receive a Welcome Packet within 10 days of the interview. This packet contains important documentation that must be reviewed, signed and returned to Columbia River Institute within 10 days of receipt. (This timeline may be accelerated if the start date is within this time frame)
The required deposit must be included with the above documentation when it is returned to the school. The amount of the deposit will be included in the Welcome Packet, depending on the financing package selected. This payment can be a check, money order or cash. It can also be paid electronically. This deposit is required to reserve a space in the program. If the deposit is not received in the specified time frame, the space in the class will be forfeited.