Student Clinic Policies
Please arrive on time. Your massage will end at the scheduled time, regardless of your arrival time. Clients who arrive more than 15 minutes after their scheduled time are charged for the full cost of the service booked and are rescheduled to a later date.
- We require 24 hours notice for cancellations. All appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are charged the full amount of the service booked. Our goal is providing f students with as much hands-on training as possible. When a client cancels or does not show up for an appointment, it takes away from this goal, which is why we are strict about this policy. However, you are welcome to send someone else in your place if you cannot make your appointment.
- Children can not accompany adults to massages. Please find childcare before coming to your massage.
- We cannot work on clients who are contagious, have fever, are sick or have certain medical conditions. Additionally, we cannot work on clients who appear intoxicated or otherwise compromised. If you have any questions about your ability to receive student massage, please contact the school owner prior to your appointment. You can reach Annie at at 509-888-7272.
- Clients who have odors that interfere with other clients or students will not receive service. Perfumes, colognes, and cigarette or marijuana smoke are a examples of unacceptable odors in the clinic. Please understand that perfumes and colognes are neurotoxins that cause unfavorable responses in some people. Also understand that any kind of smoke can overtake an entire room instantly. You may be turned away from your massage if the odor is disruptive.
- Massage therapists cannot diagnose any medical condition.
- Licensed massage therapists are health care providers, therefore the massage is completely non-sexual. If, at any time, the client engages in anything that is overtly sexual or perceived to be sexual in nature, the massage will end and the client will be asked to leave. Clients who engage in any activity of this nature are no longer accepted at the clinic.
- Please communicate clearly with your student therapist if anything is uncomfortable in any way.
- Please be aware that a supervisor will enter the room at least one time during your massage. The supervisor may provide instruction during your massage. This is the nature of a student clinic. Supervisors are as non-disruptive as possible.
- We require a credit card when booking your appointment. We will not charge your card until your appointment. At that time, you can pay with a different method, if you prefer. If you do not have a credit or debit card, you must pre-pay for your massage at the clinic. We will not book an appointment without guarantee of payment.
- Students and instructors are bound by privacy laws. In a school setting, information about your session may be shared with instructors and other students for the purpose of learning. However, your privacy is completely maintained as is required by law. Information shared among the students and instructors only pertains to medical learning moments for the students and names are not used.
- We do not allow therapist requests by gender. The students are all health care providers in training and need equal practice. If you believe you have an extenuating circumstance, you may directly contact Annie, the school owner. Preference is not considered an extenuating circumstance.
- Although you can request a therapist based on the preferred techniques of a particular student, we cannot guarantee that specific student’s availability. We do our best when scheduling clients and most often times we can book you with the student you have requested. If a student is sick, a different student will fill in. We appreciate your understanding.